updating ipads to ios7
Recently Apple updated its operating system for the iPad to version 7 (iOS7). This upgrade causes some issues with the way we manage iPads and also has the potential to render an iPad unusable when it is turned in. Teacher’s devices are also susceptible to this issue with the upgrade. In simple terms this means that every iPad (staff and student) will need to be erased and supervised. Once this is done, students and teachers can reinstall any apps that they have attached to their Apple IDs.
This process will begin the Monday after students and staff return from Fall Break (10/28). Before doing this it is important that staff and students backup the information on critical apps so that it can be restored onto their reimaged iPad. Full backups of the iPad cannot be used in this situation so it is important to backup individual apps as needed.
restoring items to updated ipad
Once your iPad is re-imaged and re-supervised and returned to you, follow these same steps to turn on iCloud backup and to pull your information back down to your Apps. Once you pull the items back down to Notability, you can change the backup method to the iCloud option (in the new version of Notability) by doing the following:
Notability (new version)
The first step is to ensure that iCloud backup is setup on your iPad.
pages and keynote backup
There are a number of steps to set up Notability backup. To watch a video of the process, CLICK HERE.
do's and don'ts reminders
- Change your lock screen image to include your name. You may use any image, picture, etc. as long as it is not offensive and includes your name. You should NOT put your student ID on this screen.
- Set up your school email using the default email app on the iPad. CLICK HERE for directions.
- DO NOT jailbreak your device. You will no longer be able to take the device home if this happens.
- DO NOT erase or reset your device. If you have issues or problems with your iPad, please take it to your school's media center for assistance.
- DO NOT remove any profiles from your device. This will result in administrative actions.
- DO NOT attempt to get around the web filtering on the iPad. DO NOT install VPN or other similar apps that will bypass the filtering. This will result in administrative actions.
- DO NOT try to reset the Apple ID password attached to the school's Apple ID (ie, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com) - apps attached to these IDs will be updated by the school.