ipad setup - apple ID
setting up free apple id (no credit card)
In order to install apps on your iPad you will need an Apple ID. If you wish to purchase apps you will either need an iTunes gift card or a credit card attached to your account. However, this is not required for free apps. To set up an account without a credit card, do the following:
- Open the App Store on your device.
- Find a free application on the App Store.
- Important: Before proceeding to the next step, you must download and install the free application by tappingFree followed by tapping Install App.
- Tap Create New Apple ID.
- Choose your country, and then tap Done.
- You'll need to read and agree to the iTunes Store Terms & Conditions. Tap Agree located at the bottom of the page to continue.
- Enter your email address, security questions, birthday, and create your password.
- You also can enter an optional rescue email address. If you frequently change email addresses, it is recommended that you add a rescue email address. Learn more about the rescue email address.
- Once you are satisfied with the information entered, tap Next.
- Select None as your payment option.
- Continue to fill out the required email, address, and phone number fields. Tap Next.
- You'll then see a screen that says "Verify your Account." Tap Done, and check your email for a verification email from iTunes Store.
- Open the email, and click the link enclosed in the email to activate your account.
- Once you tap the link, the App Store should automatically open and prompt you to sign in with your account name and password.
- Tap Sign In, and you will see a thank you screen.
- You have set up your account successfully, and you can start enjoying iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.